CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Grinch

My oldest kids are both loving the title song from The Grinch.

Veevs (4) starts to do a slow jazz run, dragging her feet against the carpet, whenever the song comes on. "Mom," she says knowingly, "that's what the music is telling my body to do."

Spe requests it by name. "Again! Again! I want to hear 'The Bitch' again!"

I kid you not. That's what it sounds like.

Rhett and I try to stifle giggles. "What do you want?" we ask. In good faith, Spe repeats himself. We snicker some more.

We're totally those kind of parents.

11 comments:

Amy said...

thanks it gave me the giggles too...

Valerie said...

LOL :)

Emily R said...

ha!!! i am that kind of parent too!!! ;)
but i am laughing about your little dancer as well!! SOO CUTE!

Tiger Lamb Girl said...

Omg, I would totally do the same thing, I admit!! lol this made me giggle so hard.

D said...

We are those kind of parents too. :) LOL! Little kid speech is so fun!

Sue said...

tee hee i love it when kids accidentally swear :>

My daughter is SO afraid of that song, I have no idea why. She makes me skip it whenever it comes on.

Mandy Holcomb said...

so funny! thanks for the laughs

JustRandi said...

That's pretty funny! And I love her comments about the music telling her body what to do.

Celia and Scott said...

We are SO those parents too. Henry is obsessed with cars and trucks. Problem is, when he says "truck," it comes out closer to "fruck" and sometimes the "r" isn't so pronounced. I even got it on video. Now, how inappropriate is that?

Jen said...

I gotta teach my kid to talk too so our house will be as fun as yours!

Leisha said...

Ohhhh, the dancing makes me laugh, except I'm the one doing jazz numbers in our house. We are totally those parents too. That is why I started reading Pioneer Woman's blog. Her youngest called Capri-Sun's "juice bags" but it sounded like 'douche bag' and she had him repeat it over and over and over again (to the entertainment of thousands in cyberspace...) Um, wait, should I be admitting this?