CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 7, 2007

My Kids' Santa Lists


My two oldest kids (oldest here is a very loose term, as they are only four and two) and I sat down to do their lists for Santa. Because I'm a former English major, I'm totally okay with stream of consciousness. These are their lists, exactly how they gave them to me:

Veevs (4)

Dear Santa,

I would like Littlest Pet Shops for Christmas this year.

I would like a real racecar.

I would like a red rocket.

I would like a flying pretend dragon that has a button on it and it puffs up.

I would like a pink timer that has music on it and it can zoom up my room to the planets.

I want a new pillow sheet.

I would like a dinosaur that I could ride.

I would like, uh, I was thinking of, uh, a pretend rocket, too, and a real rocket.

I would like a real dog pet.

Love, Veevs


I don't make my kids waste time on small talk or gratitude for last year's haul, as you can tell.

Here's Spe's list. He's two-years old.

Dear Santa,

I would like some Cars stuff this year, like maybe a Lightning McQueen.

I just love Lightning McQueen.

I want to watch Cars.

I want to watch “Round.”

I want to watch Cars!

I want a dinosaur.

I would like a pet.

I would like a pet, my pet.


I believe Spe got a little sidetracked somewhere in the middle by the fact that we were sitting at my computer where he can occasionally watch movies and YouTube music videos (with his dad, of course).

We will not be getting a pet.

7 comments:

Celia and Scott said...

Heidi, you are such a mean mom. Seriously, pets are the coolest. I mean, you get to do all this cool stuff with them like take them for their daily walk when it's 10 degrees outside, try in vain to remove all their hair from every article of clothing and furniture you own, and last but not least, clean their kennels after they've gone #2, tried to clean it up by eating it, and then barfing it up all over the carpet.

Happy Holidays!

p.s. I'm a first-hand survivor of all of those fun perks of pet ownership.

Jill said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I liked your idea for the 12 days of Christmas.
We didn't get a dog until I was 16 & my brother was 12. Mom NEVER wanted a pet. Guess who the dog bonded with? Mom.
The dog's favorite spot in the whole house was on Mom's pillow.
Poor Mom.
My kids would love to have a pet also. We recently got new carpet, and DH is allergic to fur. We will not be getting a pet. Really, I don't need a dog, I have a 2 year old. He likes to act like the neighbor's dog. He barks, we tell him to be quiet, and he barks louder, just like the neighbors dog.

D said...

I keep telling my husband that I am having kids not pets. He keeps telling me that someday those kids will need a dog. mmmmm... I don't think so. They can enjoy Grandma's dogs and the other Grandma's cat in their homes and not in mine. The only way we will ever get a pet is if my husband stays at home to take care of it and since he has to work to take care of us... the answer is never! :)

My son would totally agree with Spe on his Christmas list. He freaks out every time he sees Cars anywhere. This has caused some kids to worry as he grabs their feet or pokes them in the belly (pointing out their cars apparel). He then follows those kids around saying, "cars, cars" over and over again. My son, the cars stalker.

Oh- e-mail me at qweengoober at hotmail.com and we can catch up some more. I seriously love your blog. It makes me laugh. :) Oh - and I'm glad your eye is just a puffy eye and not a major life trial. :)

Leisha said...

I love the stream of consciousness Santa List...note to self: must try to do.

By the way, I don't get the Littlest Pet Shop craze. My daughter is in it hard core and all I can think is that they are tiny, ugly bobbleheads?

Valerie said...

Love the lists! They are too cute.

Just a note...don't go near Petsmart on a Saturday. It's the day for pet adoptions. I made that mistake last week and it was heart-wrenching to tear my kid away from the puppies. I'm mean though, so I did.

Amy said...

thos elists are great..i too would like a real racecar!

Mandy Holcomb said...

precious, what a nice thing to be able to look back on when they are all grown up and laugh at all the things they wanted. I am with you on the no pet thing, stay strong girl!