CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 8, 2007

A Little Too Much Rhett . . .

Anyone who knows my husband knows that he loves being socially quirky. You may not know, however, that he is, quite frankly, bizarre. Let me give you just one example:

One night, Rhett and I were driving to visit his parents who lived about an hour away from where we lived. For some reason, which I don't recall, I was driving, which is extremely unusual, as Rhett usually drives everywhere we go, as he cannot stand my driving, which, by the way, is uncommonly good.

We were driving on a dark mini-highway, when I reached over to give Rhett's leg a little love pat. Strangely, instead of denim, my hand met with his bare skin. Somehow, without me knowing it, he had stripped completely, shirt, pants, and everything underneath.

I believe my reaction was a mortified shriek, which I think is what he was going for. (Well, he probably had something different in mind, but I have my standards!) I'm pretty sure that my mind wasn't on my driving at that point.

I had more important things to worry about, like how did he get those pants off without me noticing? And more importantly, what did I get myself into in this marriage? And even more importantly, will the trucker we are going to pass be able to see him nude from his elevated cab? I'm sure I don't need to tell you what I did next. I sped up, just to find out.

And then it was Rhett's turn to shriek. . .

9 comments:

Tiger Lamb Girl said...

THAT is hilarious! I don't think something like this would ever occur to my husband. lol

Leisha said...

Thanks a lot. Now every time I pass him in church guess what image will pop in my brain!!!!? snicker-snicker!

Valerie said...

(stunned silence.....)
(laughing hysterically!)

Celia and Scott said...

It's a shame we don't live closer. Rhett seems like my kind of guy. Not because I would like to see him in the buff (I have MY standards!) but because he's quirky. I love quirky. I practically invented quirky.

However ... after hearing that story, maybe I'll have to give the quirky "patent" to Rhett.

Amy said...

so sad he beat Doug to the idea....
and way to go leave us hanging on what you did next...

Amy said...

ps....Doug just said he is way impressed about how he stripped without you knowing.

Matt, Karin and Sienna said...

Too funny. Does Rhett know that the world is finding out everything about him? If I just start laughing when I see him at church, I won't know what to say.

Jen said...

I laughed so hard when I read this. My husband and your Rhett are kindred spirits. I'll leave it at that.

Monica Merced Rich said...

We use Williams' poem all the time! How funny!

Loved your adaptation.