CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 23, 2007

Microphone Madness

The other day I was helping Veevs say the opening prayer at church. She got to use the microphone, and like her mother, she likes microphones a lot. This is what it sounded like:

Veevs: Dear Heavenly Father:

Mom: (whispering prompts) We're thankful for this day.

Veevs: We're thankful for this day.

Mom: We're thankful for our teachers.

Veevs: We're thankful for our teachers.

Mom: Help us to be good.

Veevs: Help us to be good and kind.

Mom: Help us to be reverent.

Veevs: Help us to be reverent.

Mom: (signaling the end of the prayer) In the name of Jesus Christ . . .

Veevs: (whispering furiously back) No! I want more!

Mom: We're thankful for Jesus and the Atonement.

Veevs: We're thankful for Jesus and the Atonement.

Mom: (once again signaling the end) In the name of Jesus Christ . . .

Veevs: No!

Mom: Okay, last one. Thanks for this beautiful day.

Veevs: Thank you for this beautiful day. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Later, I asked her why she didn't end the prayer earlier. She looked at me innocently and replied, "Because I really like to use a microphone, Mom."

Tomorrow, if I feel inspired and me-centric, I'll tell you how I know this trait was passed directly from my gene pool.

4 comments:

Amy said...

that is hilarious!

Jen said...

it's funny how some of us are secretly terrified of the spotlight, and some of us secretly covet it. That was a funny story.

Leisha said...

I love it...!!

Valerie said...

I was more of the terrified of the microphone kind of person...but I love that some aren't! Those are the kids that make primary the fun-loving place that it is!