CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 23, 2007

Gratefully

Gratefully, we ate a bunch of turkey, and I was so thrilled to bring home a bunch of leftover turkey and ham for my thoroughly carnivorous husband.

Not so gratefully, I dropped the turkey, ham, and a Pyrex at the same time, and thus had to throw it away because it was embedded with glass.

Gratefully, I took sweet potatoes and green bean casserole to my aunt's for Thanksgiving dinner.

Not so gratefully, no one but Rhett and I ate them. Not even my kids would brave them to save my feelings.

Gratefully, I have finished most of my Christmas shopping and so I don't have to brave the crowds at the store today in search of the best bargains ever.

Not so gratefully, I really have an itch to go spend some money on the best bargains ever.

Gratefully, Spe's fever has come down and his cough is getting better.

Not so gratefully, this happened after I spent the whole night sleeping on his floor. I shouldn't complain, though, as Rhett took the two nights before last night.

Gratefully, I have the most thoughtful, loving husband and the sweetest children.

There's no down side to that!

Hope your Thanksgiving was fabulous!

4 comments:

Leisha said...

The same thing happened at my in-law's house with my mashed potatoes and pecan pie...no one ate them, but me and my hubby.

P.S. After next week life calms down a little for us (J is getting some major dental work next week...I'll try and give you a call!

Jen said...

I would have eaten the green bean casserole. In fact, I did eat it at our venue. I love that stuff.

And I had the Black Friday itch, too.

Josh said...

I made a pie and everyone loved it.

Sibri said...

Oh yes, you guys have that funny little Thanks Giving thing don't you?

We don't have that holiday here in England, can't imagine why???? ;0)