CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Fashion Tips from the Fashionless

Right. I'm no fashionista (far from it, actually), but I have to say:

What is up with those Southern and Midwestern college football cheerleaders?

Maybe you don't know what I'm talking about. Let me fill you in:

Every Saturday, Rhett watches a little bit of college football. He's no fanatic, and neither am I, but we like to watch a little bit together while the kids take naps. Without fail, whenever we watch a game that involves any of the Southern and Midwestern colleges (like Purdue, Georgia, Iowa, etc.) I have to cringe whenever they show the cheerleaders.

Because the girls have huge bows ON THE TOP of their heads that are the size of a small poodle. I'm not joking. And, I have to wonder--is this some fashion trend that only the cheerleaders are following? Do they genuinely not notice that they look, well, like cute girls with small poodles on top of their heads?

I think you can see what I mean from the above picture. I'm very concerned for the future of our nation . . .

7 comments:

Katie said...

Oh I am dying laughing, Heidi! Post a picture of them...pretty please?

Heidi said...

Done and done. It took me a while to find the perfect one . . . but I think this one does my sentiment justice.

Amy said...

It is surprising they can keep their heads lifted with those heavy things atop their heads. they are doing what all the pee wee and jr high cheerleaders do...someone needs a memo....sex symbols aka cheerleaders do not wear small animals on their heads

Amy said...

tag you are it go read my blog!

Texas Mommy said...

Maybe it is a requirement and they are forced to wear them or they are off the squad!

Josh said...

You know Ivy is going to want to be a cheerleader.

Leisha said...

Well, it's better than what I experienced in high school. Our cheerleading coach made us hairspray our hair back in tight (tight!) french braids and if we had one "tentacle" sticking out we got demerits. I looked like a 50's greaser with chinese eyes. I would have begged for those poodle bows (mmmmm maybe not?)