CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

When Adolescence Hasn't Abandoned Me

Do you remember how when you were a teenager you used to do all sorts of stuff that had no logical reason and that was completely ridiculous? I still do that sometimes, and even though I know I'm not really thinking rationally, I can't help it.

Like tonight Rhett got a great new job offer and we should be celebrating and having fun together.

But we are in an argument that, if I remember accurately, centers on whether the crease on the cover of my brand new Georgette Heyer book got there because I left it on the floor near where the children play or if it happened when he started kicking the book in my direction so that I would pick it up.

Don't you dare side with Rhett. It happened when he kicked it, because I saw it with my own eyes. Creases in the covers of new books are no laughing matter in this house, and if you think that just because someone got a GREAT NEW JOB they should be let off from this rule, then you are no longer my friend.

I'm so glad that I only act like a teenager every once in a while now. It's tiring to pout over ridiculous things. Plus, I'm lonely here in my bedroom.

But don't think I'm going to apologize first. I'm not the one who put the crease in that cover.

15 comments:

Jen said...

You can be my BBFF Best Blogger Friend Forever. Hahahahahilarious.

sibri said...

Heid, Smile over the little things!

Claire said...

Hee! I can totally understand your anger. Its a Heyer novel! (And the newest editions are so lovely.)

Veronica @ Toddled Dredge said...

Yes, I called my husband names under my breath this morning because he did not take the garbage out last night. I'm mature like that.

Jane @ What About Mom? said...

So . . . Georgette Heyer. I'm not getting the appeal there. I finally read The Devil's Cub, and though it was well-written and I enjoyed some of the quirks, the hero was so unappealing as to make it not very good escapism. And the heroine was a bit too doormat-ish. Thoughts?

Heidi said...

Jane--I'm not going to lie. I had to read about four Georgette Heyer novels before I became a fan. I totally understand your reservations. But now I'm a fan, and you DON'T crease the cover of the books that I like!

Cathy said...

Hey, I totally agree with you! I guess the kid and the adolesent in us never really leaves, we just hide it at times to look mature!

Diet Coke and Zingers said...

I hope the cover creaser comes to his senses and apologizes soon! And you should definitely be reading my blog... Because unlike you and Anne, you and I ARE alike.

Tiger Lamb Girl said...

I'm totally on your side.
;)

*gulps*

Carol said...

My greatest fear is that adolescence hasn't abandoned Rhett either. I think under certain circumstances he could still argue over which side is the dark side of the moon.

There may be zero hope for your gorgeous kids.

Oh and fear not for my friends they are moving the GA's to Holland. So Solihull will be demoted from Zion status.

They must have known she was coming and planned accordingly.

Yvonne said...

I still act like a teenager--especially during those kinds of times ; ) and I'M REALLY OLD!!!

Don't pout--it really gets too lonely. (After all, it really is only a book. Maybe a special book, but still just a book)

Anonymous said...

Why put a wrinkle in time for a wrinkle in a book cover?

Amy Pennington said...

hey girl...miseed you friday! I hope your little ones are doing better!

Matt, Karin, and Sienna said...

Congrats Rhett on the new job but that still doesn't get you off the hook for creasing the book cover. You guys aren't re-locating are you? That would make me very sad.

Karin

Bisel Family said...

Loving you! I'm dying,...I'm dead.