CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 9, 2008

On Wet Toothbrushes

This morning, on my way to drop Veevs off at her kids' summer camp, I suddenly thought, Did I brush my teeth this morning?

And for the life of me, I couldn't remember. I remember reminding Rhett at 6:00 a.m. that our neighbors asked us to take their garbage out for them while they were out of town. I remember Spe rolling into my bed around 6:45 just to cuddle, NOT to sleep, and then starting the whole breakfast, get dressed, get your shoes on, hurry, we're late routine, but brushing my own teeth? I can't remember.

When I got home, I checked my toothbrush. It was wet. I think that means I brushed my teeth this morning.

Either that, or someone used it as a toilet bowl brush. Anything is possible.

8 comments:

Veronica Mitchell said...

My older sister used to take mine to comb out her mascara. I'm not sure if that was grosser for her or me.

Jen said...

How reassuring. In those forgetful moments, I like to recite my friend's motto: "Personal Hygiene is highly overrated." (Usually those moments happen while I'm pregnant and can't remember if I used deodorant.)

Rodriguez said...

Spencer is so adorable.I wish Ariana would just cuddle with me.We had a blast at the pool.You're so lucky to have a pool.haha.

Cathy said...

You are not alone, I've checked my toothbrush before a few times myself and a few other things, like did I get dressed?

Cynthia said...

If I thought anyone but me ever cleaned the toilets, I might worry about a suspiciously wet toothbrush. I know for a surety my toothbrush is safe.
I miss the stage of kids crawling into bed to cuddle. They are even past the stage of sleeping in my room when Dad is out of town. Now they just want to know when BOTH of us will be gone so they can have the whole house and the cars to themselves. Enjoy those moments!

Heather said...

Is it bad that when I can't remember, I think to myself "did i brush my teeth? i don't know. oh, well, I'm on the road now, better grab some gum just to be sure..." Is that bad?

The Rookie said...

Ahhh, ye olde Auto Pilot. It worries me how easily I slip into this setting. I chock it up to sleep deprivation and my mind being so filled with pressing matters that I can't even live in the moment. Ever.

And as for toothbrushes, I often worry how much I've used my roommate's toothbrush without realizing it. I'm sure she sometimes wonders how her toothbrush became wet.

Yvonne said...

Isn't it funny how sometimes we just can't remember. And you are so right--anything is possible ; )