CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Professional Indian Queen

Today Veevs donned a pink bath towel as a cape, and carried around a purple pencil as a magic wand.

"Oh, hello," I said. "Are you a fairy godmother?"

"No," she said matter-of-factly, "I'm a Professional Indian Queen." I laughed, delighted.

Then she thought for a minute. "Well, maybe I am a fairy godmother. Do you have a wish you want me to grant?"

"I thought you were a Professional Indian Queen," I said.

"Well, that's just what my friends call me," she says airily, and waves her purple pencil around.


In other news, Spe was heard singing from the bathroom this morning, "Aaahhhh, FREAK OUT!" by Chic.

I think I'm doing an awesome job as a mom.

17 comments:

Cathy said...

Kids, so fun, so cute and so unexpected!

Kiera said...

You are doing a great jog as a mom! Your kids are so cute and funny!

Julia said...

as former Indian Princess, I can say that to be Indian royalty takes a lot of personality, which is seems like your Veevs has in spades!

Heather said...

You ARE doing an awesome job as a mom. Morphing from Professional Indian Queen to fairy godmother at whim is an impressive skill. She's been taught well.

Shannon said...

How sweet.
Your children sound delightful...and extremely happy. Kudos!

Jill said...

So, how much earning potential is there in being a Professional Indian queen?

I would love to hear Spe's version of "Freak Out." Any chance you could record and post it?

My three year old sings "Lights" by Journey.

You ARE doing an awesome job!

Valerie said...

Totally awesome job, Mom. Your kids are so creative and smart.

Jen said...

Hey, if you don't need that wish, I could use a fairy godmother to make my house magically clean itself all the time...

The Rookie said...

You so doing a great job. Those are some very schweet kids. I bet they'd even eat Borscht.

Amy Pennington said...

too funny I love your stories...always a bright point to my day!...

Sarah Anne said...

How in the world do you know Julie Weed? I saw you post on her blog. This mormon world is so small I tell ya! I grew up with her family. Crazy!

Carol said...

Honey, you're kids are turning out just like I imagined, I love it!

Leisha said...

That girl is spectacular!

Sibri said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree my dear DQ!

Gina said...

Next time Spencer comes over I hope to sing "Ahhhh Freak Out" with him. Love it!

Diet Coke and Zingers said...

I'd have to agree... you must be doing SOMETHING right.

Scarlett said...

You write very well.