CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

And then the English Major in Me Got All Proud and Weepy

Today, at lunch, Veevs asked for bread and butter. She loves bread and butter, more than any other food. Whenever I get stressed about it, I always think about the book Heidi and how all Grandfather ever fed her was goat cheese, milk and bread and how she was the picture of health with her rosy cheeks and chubby arms. It makes me feel better. That and the fact that she also loves fruit and vegetables.

So today. Sorry, I'm so random sometimes. I don't know why I can't stay on topic. No, actually, I do know why I can't stay on topic. It's because I'm crazy. While I'm indulging this off-topic thing, I just want to say that I bought a disco CD to offset the BobMarley-Coldplay-Beatles-Queen music cocktail that Rhett is forcing on our kids, and it has worked a treat. My kids now sing "I Will Survive" and "Boogie-Oogie-Oogie" instead of "Buffalo Soldier" or "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds". I'm so happy.

But anyway. Today. I made Veevs her bread and butter and set it before her with a little impromptu limerick that went like this:

Little Vee-Vee once asked of her mother,
"Oh, please can I have bread and butter?
Spread it on quick,
and spread it on thick,
Just give me some MORE bread and butter!"

Veevs looked at me for a second and then she said:

"Don't feed me a dead cat,
And don't give me an old hat,
But mother, I LOVE bread and butter!"

Who knew that girl was a poet?

14 comments:

D said...

What a smarty pants!

so just want to make sure that you know that I have two blogs. :) lol- that sounds so conceited. anyway- I have my blogger blog for the random public eye where I infrequently post my craftiness. Haven't had much time for that lately so it is infrequent. Then I have the for friends and family blog- dblog dot wheelertribe dot com - since I consider you a friend. :)

Kiera said...

Wow, she is pretty clever!! I would have never thought of that!! She must be taking after you!!

Amy K said...

Proud of you Heids. I remember singing "I will survive" with you, doesn't seem like too long ago either. One day I am going to make a great CD for you - you know how I love mixes.

Cathy said...

Quite a talented little darling! Enjoy it while it lasts! My son "composed" a tune call "Dead Animal Blues" it was hilarious, but now he denies it totally!

Ginnie Kimball said...

I can't wait to see Veevs again. When are we going to get together?

Andrea Hardman said...

I love it! What kids come up with is frequently facinating and bizare! Exactly my aspiration.

Jen said...

I fear that someday if I make Alex really mad he will post the notorious "Dancing Queen" video.

There once was a blogger named Heidi,
Whose posts were always alrighty,
She made many laugh
relating her gaffes
And all loved her for she was mighty.

Hmm, I like the bread and butter one better.

Heidi said...

I don't know, Jen. The attention seeker in me thinks yours is AWESOME! And you used the word gaffes, which is always worth bonus points.

Charlie said...

Very cute! I would be proud too!!!

Leisha said...

Her mother's daughter fer sure. What a doll.

Jen said...

I had to look up gaffe on dictionary.com to make sure I was using it correctly.

Carol said...

As much as I am proud that Rhett enjoys British influences in his musical tastes, I am so glad you're educating your offspring in the delights of disco.

Oh and Thomas lives on a diet of bread and butter but no veg or fruit, but with plenty of cheese. We're just waiting for scurvy to kick in now.

Brooke S said...

What a little smarty pants. IF you asked me I would say a limerick it's a ??? Happy to say my boys could tell you what is meant. Look our Scribbs here comes Vee-Vee's.. Mommy would be so proud..

"Don't let the grass grow under you feet" (lookie I wrote you a metaphor..

I am so horrible at English..
We miss seeing you guys.

Best Wishes,
Brooke

Ivy Hadley said...

Why would you never tell me about when i was younger mom? DONT FEED ME A DEAD CAT!!!