CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Honesty Bites

Spe loves hair. He likes to rub it between his fingers and feel the texture of it. He likes to twist it around and around until his hand is encased in a giant hair knot. Specifically, Spe loves my hair. Nobody around here really likes my new haircut, but Spe cried when he saw how short it was.

"Mama," he said between sobs, "I just like your hair long!" I'm pretty sure that's what everyone, including Rhett, wanted to say but didn't. Sometimes Spe says the things that everyone else is thinking but is too afraid to say.

The other night he was restless, so I went in and snuggled up next to him, and of course, his little hand reached right up and started caressing my hair. He pinched it, pulled it, twisted it, smoothed it, rolled it, yanked it, and generally just did whatever it is he always does when he gets a fistful of my hair.

"Spe, do you just love me for my hair?" I asked teasingly.

"Yes," he said, his voice mournful as though I had discovered his darkest secret. "I do." He heaved a great sigh and kept rolling my hair between his fingers.

I might shave my head next time . . .

6 comments:

Claire said...

That's why you should never shave your armpits. Good substitute.

Kiera said...

That is funny. I have the same issue. My friend had a dream that I cut my hair and after that she wouldn't be my friend anymore. Of course she says it was just a dream, but I know deep down she must be feeling the same way...

Jillybean said...

My three year old is like that too. Last year when I cut my hair he took one look at me and started sobbing "FIX IT! FIX IT! Your hair is broken! FIX IT!!!!!"
He cried for days.

Jessica G. said...

My oldest doesn't like pictures of her dad without his goatee. She won't even acknowledge that it's him, like that guy in the pictures is really the first husband that I don't talk about.

Carol said...

What a total boy!

How short is the hair exactly???

Motherboard said...

I cut my hair too, and My husband tried to convince me that I was sending a *signal* that I no longer wanted it.

You know.

IT

I told him if that was the case then over weight men were sending the same signal about sex.

He shut right up. :>