CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's Time

I just came home from the store and I hand Spe a box of bum wipes (you know, the FLUSHABLE kind) and say, "Hey, it's time for you to learn to wipe your own bum after you poop."

He looks at me with a grin. He likes this kind of independence.

I immediately add, "Dad is going to teach you. Take this to Dad."

Rhett looks at me strangely.

I wave my hand dismissively, "I have work to do on the computer."

Thank goodness no one mentioned that I don't actually have a paying job. Sometimes the joys of motherhood are payment enough, I guess.

7 comments:

amelia said...

Butts are totally dad territory.

(I've been lurking your blog for a while and wanted to say you are hilarious and I love your blog.)

Alice said...

Yay for moms, and kiddos who wipe their own bum :)

AMY said...

I am so glad you started blogging ...it is such a gift to all of us. And to think you almost didn't because you were worried about your addictive personality. It is blogs like this that make me giddy that you started blogging so long ago.

You absolutely rock!!

Melissa said...

Bum wiping is bad. We potty-trained in literally 15 minutes, but the bum wiping has gone on for a year. Sometimes I hear, Wipe my butt! There's a lot of poopie in here!

Have fun!

Motherboard said...

Mommy's do everything else... its the trade-off Dad's make when they don't breast feed.

If they wanted to trade breast feeding for the teaching of the bum wiping, I'm game...

Carol said...

What a brilliant milestone to have reached!!

So selfless of you to give Rhett the responsibility for it.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Spencer will love it when he's 15 and he has found out that his mother put on her blog about bum wiping and that he was the main character.