CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 16, 2009

Something Cleverish



You know, when Nie's plane crashed and cjane started writing all those beautiful, reflective blogs about her sister, her sister's family, and the experiences that their families were sharing, I was so enthralled by the story. I didn't blog about it, primarily because so many of my blogging friends did such an excellent job blogging about it that I felt anything I had to say was just, you know, redundant.

But also I didn't want to write about it because I had such a strong, terrifying sense that it could have been me. I mean, of course, my husband doesn't fly, and of course, I'm not on Nie's sphere of homemaking (What? You mean I'm supposed to make a big deal about the first day of school? Damn.), but still, it brought home the tenuous nature of life (hang on, I might have some Nietzsche to drop on you here in a minute, as well) and quite frankly, that's something that's better for me not to reflect too deeply about.

Anyway, the point is that Sue (whom, as you know, I have an unrequited girl crush on), actually did something about Nie's plight, whereas I didn't even blog about it. So imagine how honored I feel to be included in Sue's fundraising book for Nie Nie. Click on the link above and buy it. It's for a good cause, and it has some of the funniest bloggers in Mormon blogdom included.

7 comments:

AMY said...

congrats on making it in:)

Sue said...

Thanks so much for spreading the word about it - and for your post. I think you perfectly captured part of why this story has captivated everyone. It's such a common fear, and the crash was so horrific. It didn't seem like something that could happen to someone so much like us.

JustRandi said...

yay! I'm so excited to read the book.

Carol said...

You're an author! All is right in the world.

Melissa said...

I'm definitely buying the book, but about that girl crush on Sue thing...ME TOO! I love that woman! And my love is so much more unrequited than your love because she doesn't even know who I am. I'm just going to keep stalking her and then she'll be forced to notice me!

AMY said...

Heid, that is excellent! I have been following the Nie story from the beginning as well and still am. But to be published, wow you move up in the blogdom world to me. And to think I picked the nits out of you hair - what honor.

Claire said...

It must be really funny if you're in it!