CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pretty Much, I'm Awesome

I said to Rhett the other day, "Hey, I'm not going to pretend to be modest anymore. I'm awesome and I'm going to tell everyone."

Rhett's response: No more modesty? Whip off your shirt, babe! You ARE awesome.

Rhett's enthusiasm is in no way dampened by my post-three children body which looks more like a balloon that has been inflated and then deflated several times. Because, actually, it has.

Anyway. Please don't think I'm bragging (except I am) and please don't think I'm trying to make you feel inferior (you should embrace your OWN awesomeness) and please don't feel the need to compete (I know, I know, YOU WIN!).

But I threw a pretty sweet Halloween party for my kids and their friends.

This was the ceiling. Rhett was a trooper and inflated all the balloons (with our air mattress pump) and then strung them together. And no matter how many times they got tangled and he had to start over again, he still insisted it was easier to tape them up first and THEN spread them out. Way to take one for the team, I say.

Another awesome thing about the party? This bubbling cauldron of witches' brew. Seriously, dry ice was more fun than anything else at the party. Although I just want to mention, for no reason at all, that this party also featured Halloween golf, Ghost Darts, cookie decorating, and crafts. I'm just saying.

The dry ice was the most fun, except for maybe this installment of the Heidi Show (I swear, I can't get enough attention), wherein I read Monster Goose to the children. I only irreparably frightened two children, and I'm sure their parents are SO grateful that they have permanent nightmares involving piranhas, mummies, and cannibals.

Also, the children loved chasing our chickens. I'm sure the parents also appreciated the chicken . . . erm, stuff . . . that was on their shoes afterwards. I know I always love a little something like that.

But the highlight was, of course, the children. Here they are in all their glory:
























































And just for Rhett--this is the closest you'll get to the no modesty deal. (If you look closely, you can see down my shirt. Ew! Don't look, you perv!)

See how awesome? I mean, ignore the totally subpar usage of Blogger's picture function. I pretty much suck at that. But otherwise, awesome, right?

27 comments:

Jen said...

If there were a reality show called XTREME Awesome, you would win it.

David and Amanda said...

Heidi...I was just thinking, you are soooooo awesome.

jennie w. said...

Hmmm, you might be a little too awesome for me.

Carol said...

Halloween + Heidi = Awesome.

I would be disappointed to hear anything less my love.

We opted out of the pagan American holiday this year. We decided to be patriotic instead. Just for one day. The novelty wore of my Nov 1st.

We'll be Halloweening it up in 2009.

Happy bonfire night my love!

Carol said...

I really need to proof read my comments. That looks like my brother wrote it.

Should read the novelty wore off by Nov 1st!

Pfft! And to think I am the brains in my family...

Natalie said...

I've experienced the awesomeness first-hand, and am pretty bummed my kids missed THE Halloween party. Seriously if these blogosphere people only knew!

So, if our parallel lives continue shouldn't you be due for #4, a girl, here shortly? I'm just asking...

Heather of the EO said...

In that last photo you look exactly like a real life friend of mine. I'm starting to wonder if she's you and you her and this is all a big joke on me. You're no HEIDI...you're Kelly!!!!

And good party too, Kelly.

Matt, Karin, Sienna, and Sadie said...

You are AWESOME and nobody would know that you've had 3 kids by looking at you- you look GREAT! :)

Heidi said...

Ohmyword, Heather, you have finally figured it out.

I am Kelly. It's an elaborate stunt.

But I still throw an awesome party, if you're between the ages of three and five and have very little sense of discernment in the way of parties. Totally awesome.

joolee said...

When I saw the title of this post, I must admit, my heart sank a bit. I'VE been working on a post in which I reveal my extraordinary awesomeness. My awesomeness is not at all related to Halloween parties, cauldrons, or even mammary glands, but I'm convinced I'm awesome nonetheless.

Not sure if I've ever commented before, but I love your blog. Fun times:)

Melanie J said...

I'm glad you got the post about your awesomest first because in the face of your awesomeness, I don't need to write mine now. I can focus on something else, like my hatred of green beans or my hopes for world peace.

LisAway said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!! You are.

Your party sounds amazing, but the main reason I find you to be so awesome is that you have a hard time with Blogger's picture thing. I only EVER post pictures in the center. Look how awesome I am!!

Diet Coke and Zingers said...

Awesome indeed.

Cathy said...

You are incredibly awesome, great party, great memories! And the best part is you enjoying it too!

Beck said...

Modesty is way overrated. THrowing a part for kids when you don't have to is cause for extreme pride.

Claire said...

You clearly are awesome, what with the dry ice an' all. And I did look down your top. And that would appear to be pretty awesome too.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking Rhett is pretty awesome too. Who else would blow up all those balloons and string them across the top of the ceiling?
I know his father wouldn't.(he's awesome though, come to think of it I'm awesome). And yes Heidi, you ARE AWESOME!!!

The Rookie said...

Modesty's overrated. You really are that awesome!

Ginnie Kimball said...

That picture of you is adorable. You should put it on your facebook page. That would be AWESOME!

Yvonne said...

What else can I say--you really are AWESOME.

Josh said...

Ummmm....well you're pretty cool I guess.

Anonymous said...

Why don't you write a book and stop wasting your awesomeness on this blog.

Dan said...

Picture looks like a "glamor shots."

Anonymous said...

The constant reminder as to why I married you? The AWESOME "upper boob peaking out" shot! CHICKA-BA-BOW-NA-NOW! Pure sweetness even IF this is a family blog!

bill, katie, and co. said...

As if you needed another comment...especially after the previous comment--but you COMPLETELY surprised me with this one. I don't think I have ever seen so many pictures all on one post as I did this one. (terrible grammar I know...but get over it)I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED seeing this side of you. You are pretty AWESOME!

Kiera said...

The party looked pretty awesome! you are awesome too. I wish I was as awesome as you!

turtle said...

really, i think the hodge-podge arrangement of the [super adorable] photos merely added to the creative aspect of this post.