CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Five

You know, five-year-olds are pretty awesome.

My five-year-old, for example, has now mastered the use of air quotes for emphasis. She said to me just the other day, "Mom, I thought there was something in that box, and then I looked inside and there was 'nothing' inside!" And she used air quotes with her fingers.

She recently told her brother to say a prayer for forgiveness when he took a toy away from the baby. And he did. Because he's learned that you don't mess with that particular five-year-old and her rather rigid sense of Jesus' justice. I swear, I teach the mercy part. She just likes the justice part better.

She cries at every episode of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition". She loves those families like they are her own. If she sees a commercial for it, she'll say, "Oh, look, another sick kid we need to help!" like she's a part of the design team.

She innocently passes on the gossip from school. She recently told me a story where a boy named Ethan told the teacher during floor time that he thought there was a red fish. The teacher said (with I can only imagine was a great deal of sarcasm), "Oh really? I think there's a "ZIP IT" fish." I can't imagine her teacher wanted that particular story told over dinner.

12 comments:

D said...

I think someday we will have a "zip it" fish at my house.

Cynthia said...

I bet everyone could use a "Zip It" fish. (Those were air/finger quotes).
I love five year olds. I miss that stage in our home.

LisAway said...

Oh, I need another five year old. 3 years to go. . .

What a cutie.

Heather of the EO said...

I'll trade you one three year old for your five year old and raise you a one year old...

wait. No, I love my children. I just wish that for today they were five :)

She's a smart girl! Look out mom!

Cathy said...

I cry durning "Extreme Home Makeover" too! I think your kids are great!

Melanie J said...

Oh, I learned the hard way never to interfere when kindergartners are dishing out justice. Talk about righteous fury...

The Rookie said...

Sarcasm. Lost on 5 year olds and 9th graders everywhere.

And that Extreme Makeover show makes me blubber like a baby every dang time! Mostly because my house will NEVER look that good.

Claire said...

Eilidh's 5 and she dishes out her own kind of justice. She's mean. Reminds me a little of how I was like when I was 5. Retribution much?

Jessica G. said...

"Zip it" fish! That's awesome!

valgae said...

Amy P sent me here for the mini van quiz a few months back. loved it!!!! Anyway, I enjoy your blog!! Thanks for the bright spot in my day, I really needed it. Oh and I will be administering some of my own Jesus Justice soon I'm sure!!

Carol said...

What's that saying??

The apple never falls far from the tree?

Can we say mini you?

sue said...

徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿