CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 28, 2008

Dropping It On Thanksgiving

We spent our first Thanksgiving on our own, and in my new spirit of self-aggrandizement, man, we rocked it. We had awesome food, good company (our own and some friends), and more pies than people eating at the table. That makes for the best Thanksgiving ever.

Here are the name place cards that Rhett made with the kids (with absolutely no prompting from me, honest!).

Spe's awesome plate setting features rock star feathers.







Rhett's features an 80s like visor. I have no explanation for this, however, he made this himself, so that may be explanation enough.





Jaker's has a frog. Probably because with his recent sinus infection, he has been a little toad most of the time.





Veevs is sporting some kind of Picasso like turkey. I always knew that girl had genius buried deep inside.


For the piece de resistance, here's mine, which Rhett was kind enough to make for me (I was at the doctor's getting antibiotics for my sinus infection. I'm pretty sure I have also been a toad for a good portion of the time.). I think the sexy legs really capture the spirit of the season, don't you?


Basically, we spent the morning cooking, the afternoon eating, and the evening eating more pies. And then, the night ended with Rhett singing, "Drop it like it's hot!" while dancing around the kitchen slapping his own butt.

That's when I knew it was time to go to bed.

11 comments:

LisAway said...

Your name card certainly has the most attractive turkey I've ever seen. Thanks for pointing out the legs or I wouldn't have noticed. And my day will better for having seen them. And I love the table cloth.

jennie w. said...

Look how nice your table looks. Mine is the same it is every day. Minus the placecards. Because that is just a little too high-falutin' for us.

Jen said...

Those are like the most totally wicked awesome place cards ever!

Jillybean said...

Next year, I'm having the kids make place cards.

Those are fabulous!

Claire said...

So... your cue to go to bed is.... Rhett slapping his own butt. Interesting. I must look for these clues from Robbie... ;)

Heidi said...

Claire--it's always a sign that things will be going downhill fast. It's just smarter to pack it in sooner than later.

Charlie said...

I can't wait to start collecting my own family's Thanksgiving memories... We've had very nice Thanksgiving and Christmases so far, but always at someone else's house... Can't wait for next year! Love the place cards, by the way... :)

Anonymous said...

WHATEVER! The butt-smack means that the party is just starting--so hang on to your fanny packs!!!

Leisha said...

Ha! Your Thanksgiving sounds fab...

P.S. Tell Rhett his 'prompting' to Jake helped. That day Jake came home saying "Bro. Hadley said I should pull up my tie and tuck in my shirt..." He says he likes my sweater...

He thinks your husband is cool, so I knew 2 seconds of him telling him to dress appropriately was worth 4 hours of Jared and I pulling our hair out.

Rhett's cool like that.

Carol said...

I take it that comment was from Rhett, I haven't heard fanny-packs in such a long time. That totally made my sabbath cheery!

Anonymous said...

Rhett smacking his butt is so sexy!!!