CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Best Prison Ever

We don't have satellite, which is fine. In fact, it's great. Because this means that we get to see two channels clearly, and the rest are fuzzy. Did I say two channels? I meant two ENGLISH channels. We also have about six Spanish channels.

I love them. Rhett loves them. They provide family fun for every one. We especially love Spanish game shows. Everyone seems to be having such a good time, I wish I spoke Spanish so I could understand. Also, I love how there are always women in short, short skirts dancing. That's the best.

Tonight I was flipping through the channels and I saw a prison scene on a novella on one of the Spanish channels. It was awesome. All the girls were perfectly made up (because prison apparently gives you lots of time to beautify) and also they were all in beautiful white tank tops. Apparently standard issue isn't so standard in Spanish Prison. Because some had scoop neck tank tops, some had V-neck tank tops, some were loose, some were fitted. And apparently, bras are optional in Spanish Prison.

If I ever go to prison, I hope that's the prison I go to.

11 comments:

The Rookie said...

Bwaaa Ha Ha! Prisons terrify me. Foreign prisons are further down that terrified spectrum. But apparently not so much on Telemundo. Who'da thunk?

Leisha said...

My favorite are the shows where there is just a woman speaking very, very fast (as if there is any other way to speak spanish) surrounded by numbers. People call in and guess numbers and she says "Ohhhhhh Nooooooo!" Hours of entertainment.

I can tell your children don't watch much tv, they are smart little whipper-snappers. I just sit and ask Spencer to name all the Dinosaurs and colors just for fun in nursery.

www.potsandpins.com said...

Spanish prison?! Who knew! I just discovered your blog - and I'd have to agree with Jen, I will definitely not drink water while reading....and about that, thanks for the last 10 minutes - you've ticked my funny bone and that's no easy task. Nan

Celia and Scott said...

Heidi, after having two children, with the condition my body is in, I don't think they'd let me in one of those Spanish prisons, ESPECIALLY the bra-less ones! A girl can only pamper so much and then gravity takes hold and .... ah, just forget it!

Charlie said...

Couple of things... a) you DON'T want to understand what they are talking about on those shows. Trust me, not worth your time and intelligence. b) you probably shouldn't say "Spanish Prisons" because for us, Latin Americans, it implies that you are talking about a prison in Spain, as in the country, which I don't think is the case. If you're unsure of where that prison may be, just go with the word "hispanic." It pretty much covers all your bases and it doesn't offend anyone! Hope I'm not being too picky... But it's just the sort of thing that irritates the crap out of foreigners when Americans just can't differenciate one thing from the other...

Heidi said...

Charlie--no offense meant, dear. I did consider using Hispanic, but I thought for comic purposes Spanish Prison (as in the language, not the country) sounded more droll.

And you're not too picky. You're just right.

Bob said...

The Telenovelas are pretty entertaining. Unlike our Soap Operas the "Spanish" soaps begin and they end-meaning they are like a mini series except longer. I always have to laugh because everything is sooooo dramatic on them. They are always shouting and everything is on high octane! But they are just like ours except here an actor would say, I love you. In theirs they would say, I Love you!!!!! + 10 decibels!!!! And of course everyone on them is working but never at work because they are always meddling in everyone else's affairs.

Diet Coke and Zingers said...

Si, yo tambien, porque hablo un poco espanol y me gusta blanco tank tops.

Wanna be cellies?

Valerie said...

I wish I knew Spanish too. Bob is always laughing at something and I feel as though I'm being left out. It's never quite as funny, it seems, when told second hand.

Lippy said...

¡ Sabado Gigante !

I speak the equivalent of 8th grade student in Spanish, so I miss a lot of things they run off on those shows, but they are still pretty entertaining. Everyone loves to dance!

And yes, bras are optional in Spanish Jails :)

karin said...

Spanish game shows make me laugh too. They are always doing the strangest things.

Karin