CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wireless from the . . .

Thanks to a friend, who gave us his old wireless router, we have joined the wireless internet universe. And let me tell you, people, it has changed my world.

My house only has two phone connections--one upstairs in my bedroom, one downstairs in the kitchen--so even though I have a laptop, all of my previous blogging has taken place with me tucked away while my children ran wild throughout the house, screaming, fighting, and drawing on walls. But now, I can blog in the middle of all that chaos. Now I watch them do all of those things and ignore it while sitting right there. Awesome.

I know I shouldn't get all rash and crazy, but I almost feel like promising more frequent posts. Because now I can see how I can fit them in: little posts conceived of and written about in the middle of every day activities!

Now I'm coming to you wireless . . . from the toy room! Wireless . . . from Veev's room! Wireless . . . from the toilet! (Would you read a post if you thought I had written it while in the bathroom? Just wondering. Not that I would really do that. And just for the record? This post was written at the kitchen counter.)

Wireless. It's opened up a whole new world of blogging fun.

12 comments:

Carol said...

Wireless is the way to go.

That way you don't feel like you're actually neglecting your kids when you're on the internet.

Gotta love zero guilt.

You have to do an English version of my post, I know it'd be hilarious and calorific!

kelly said...

Some of my best posts come from the bathroom!

Cathy said...

Sounds like endless opportunities! I remember my first wireless phone! I thought I ruled the world! Well, that part of the house anyway!

jennie w. said...

I blog from the toilet all the time. It's my favorite place for peace and quiet.

heather said...

toilet blogging, never thunk it. But now...
how bout the tub? Huh, c'mon..dangerous? I think not! Relaxing and invigorating? I think yes!

Kiera said...

I love our wireless. It lets me check peoples blogs all through out the day! It makes me seem a little obsessive though!

The Rookie said...

I am in favor of any multi-tasking that takes place from the bathroom.

Beck said...

Awesome! And NEVER GONNA HAPPEN, where I live.
But that's okay - our computer is set up in the living room, so Ican blog any ol' time.

Jen said...

Wireless rocks! You will be amazed by all you can do while multi-tasking- but your lap top will get dirtier as you carry it around- mine is often in the kitchen with me, which results in lots of crumbs and stuff. Wireless has now become a "necessity" in our household (along with DVR).

Andrea Hardman said...

I want wireless. I always have to blog from our cave of a basement. And the kids just follow me.

monkie mama said...

I'd read your stellar posts even if they were all written from the bathroom. The beauty of the internet is that I don't have to be in there WITH you. Heck, if I had wireless that worked, I'd READ all of your posts from the bathroom (the door locks in there!)

Kenna said...

First off, I have totally finished a blog in the bathroom before. Talk about addicted.

Second, I do know what you are talking about, and thank you for the comment. Heaven knows I adore them.

Well, let's change that whole, 'You don't know me scenario.'

Hi Heidi, my name is McKenna. I have your blog on my google reader and I read it often. Stalker-esque? Sure thing, but I love you writing.

There, I'm glad we've met. You can talk and talk all you want on my blog. Like I said, I love it. And it's cathartic for me to hear those things.

Looks who's talking and talking now...