CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 8, 2008

Soccer Mom

Hey, soccer started this week, and there are very few things that give me more joy than watching my eldest daughter shrink away from a soccer ball.

Unless it's watching my middle son hurtle towards the same soccer ball like a freight train.

Last year, Veevs took to laying out in front of her team's goal in seductive poses that I have no idea from whence she learned them. But think Solid Gold Dancing (remember that? We weren't allowed to watch it, but my best friend was and I played at her house a lot!). She would hop up when the ball came too close and run out of the way, because wow, that girl does not want to get hit by a ball.

Spe is a natural, kicking and running simultaneously, pausing only to do a somersault in the middle of the field.

We've got some serious competitors. Bring it, Barbie Girls. Bring it, Arctic Freeze.

The Wildcats are READY.

13 comments:

Dan said...

Thanks Heidi for posting on my Blog. That made my day. I like being called a dork, and I sure hope that is not really "the end."

Beeswax said...

I remember that my parents were out of town when Solid Gold premiered. And our 16 year old cheerleading babysitter and I jumped up and down dancing on my parents bed for the whole thing. I think that was the only time I was allowed to watch it. But it was memorable.

Heidi said...

Beeswax--THAT IS AWESOME! Oh, Solid Gold.

Lisa said...

S-S-S-SOLID GOLD! Whoever wrote the theme song for the show must have had a stutter.

You've got two amazing super star soccer kids there! You're so funny.

Carol said...

I love watching them play football. Thomas just started a few weeks ago and it is so hard for him to stay concentrated. Half way through we'll see him wander away from the ball and start doing karate kicks alone.

Clearly he is not destined to be Jamie Redknapp (who I still love BTW!)

Claire said...

I must watch this 'Solid Gold' of which you speak...Because to be quite honest, I don't think anything can rival MY seductive poses. I can email you pictures to prove it. Though not to be viewed by those of a sensitive disposition..

C.E. Salima said...

I'm afraid we're a football family, through and through. But soccer is very cool.

I hope you don't mind, but I've linked you to a new one of my blogs, Mormon Bloggers Speak Out.

The purpose of this blog is to share with the world what Mormons are like in our many facets. What we believe, what we do, how we play, what we do for fun, our thoughts on family, Church, Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, life, standing for truth and righteousness, missionary work, doctrine, our countries, etc.

JustRandi said...

I love soccer days. The mornings are pure energy, and the afternoons pure naps. (Or at least downtime with a good movie)

Melanie J said...

Yeah, so my son usually ran out of the way when the soccer ball came to him which is why he's on a rock climbing team now. Then there was tee ball where he played in the outfield. Kids would chase the ball from the opposite side of the field and he would stand it watch in bounce by within four feet and let it go. When I asked him why he never chased the ball he said, "Why? Everybody else is trying to get it."

I guess he takes after me...that's bad.

bill, katie, and co. said...

I know EXACTLY where Veevs got the seductive poses from. Like mother, like daughter! You gotta love it!

So said...

This is the first time to your blog but I HAD to comment on the Solid Gold Dancers. LOVED that show and my mom let me watch it. Maybe I was older than you...probably so. i'm getting up there in years.
Your girl must have some serious moves!

turtle said...

I LOVE watching my little brothers play soccer!

Karin said...

You should video tape it so we can see. :)