CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Sick, sick, sick, sick, sick

We've all been sick this week. I started off with a bad head cold and Spe and Veevs followed up with some fevers. Jakers jumped into the fray with a little teething misery, and Rhett couldn't be left out, so he mustered up some autumn allergies.

Last night, Spe woke up at 2:30 with a fever of 105 degrees. I was laying there with him, after his tepid bath and medicine, waiting for him to feel better. I put my arm over him to comfort him.

"Mom," he said, "You can't touch me. It's not allowed."

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because I hate it." Well, there's a little boy who prefers to suffer alone.

This morning when I told Veevs that Spe was so sick she said flippantly, "I just hope he doesn't die."

Yeah, me too.

So there you go. I miss a week of blogging, and all you get are crappy stories of how sick we all were. To add to your enjoyment of this blog, you could come and help me clean up the mountain of used tissue by the side of my bed.

No?

I thought I might be on my own with that one, but I left it for a day or two to see if Rhett would be so disgusted with it, he would just do it himself. The answer was no.

10 comments:

Josh said...

Heidi quit faking.

Adrienne said...

I'm with Spe, I don't like to be touched when I'm not feeling so hot either! Hope you guys are on the mend!!

D said...

My 2.5 year old is the opposite. He just wants to be held and then he squirms and squirms because he isn't comfortable. Inevitably he ends up laying on the floor or the couch instead and I feel bad for not being able to make him feel better. He's jealous of the baby when he's sick and tells me, "Just see Kaden."

Everybody's been sick this week but me at our house. Thankfully I am not sick just exhausted...so next week it will be my turn to be sick and then we will start all over again...

Jen said...

Wow, I thought Grace's 101.5 was worrisome! I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

My tissue mountain is by the nursing chair and is in a constant state of flux all summer during allergy season. We need house elves.

Claire said...

Haha - I love that Rhett couldn't be left out. Why is it the blokes can't be left out of a family bug, and then proceed to be the ones that need nursed the most?! Grr..

Carol said...

Can I just say I think Spe is my favourite?

Melissa Bastow said...

I hate when everyone is sick. Unless it's me and I have someone watch my kids while I go to bed and take some really great drugs that make me sleep all day. Then I like it. Unless there is puking involved. Or diahrea. I just want the drug induced sleep really. I should fake illness every once in awhile just to get a nap in.

Scary about the fever. That's too high for my paranoia to handle.

Sorry about the tissues. Maybe you should have moved the them a little bit every day so that they got closer to Rhett's side of the bed. But not enough moment to be totally obvious. And I suggest moving them with your feet, because if you're going to bend over to do it, you might as well just pick them up. And I hate bending anyway.

JustRandi said...

Did Rhett even notice the tissues? See, The Brain wouldn't have even seen them, unless the pile was so big he had to wade throught it to get somewhere.

Men.

Andrea Hardman said...

Just a word to the wise, if you don't get the tissues cleaned up, the kids may start jumping into them and then you'll have snotty kids AND a mountain of tissues. It's worse.

mhuff said...

Love Spe. But I think I'll do it from afar.