CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Come January

Come January we will be moving to Alabama.

It kind of makes me wish that when Rhett had that chipped out tooth, I had just let him keep it. I bet we would feel like we fit in better if I had.

Sigh.

I have never lived in the Deep South before. It will be an adventure.

This post makes it sound like I'm reluctant to move, but to be honest, I'm laid back about it all. When your world is the four walls of your home, it's so much easier to be fine with switching one set of four walls for another set of four walls.

As Rhett says, "If they sell chocolate in Alabama, you'll be just fine."

And really, isn't that the truth?

11 comments:

Jessica said...

Congrats on the move! I don't mind moving before and after moving day, but on moving day I think it's the stupidest idea anyone has ever had. Hope it goes smoothly.

Kiera said...

I hope you like the new area you move too! Good luck!

Darci said...

Heidi you crack me up. I love your comment about your world being four walls. That is true though ha ha.

Jen said...

Good luck! I bought Alex a t-shirt that said, "Arkansas: Literacy ain't everything" once, but he gained too much weight to wear it, and I decided to send it to the thrift store.

I hope they have noodling in Alabama? Just imagine how much fun to catch a catfish with your bare hand!

Heidi said...

Oh, Jen. Your knowledge of noodling has just endeared me even more to you. PBS?

Jill said...

Good Luck to "all ya'lls" Nothin' like movin' in the dead of winter.

Claire said...

It is, indeed, da tooth.

You know where you need to move for really good, PROPER chocolate.

Umm... i wasn't meaning Switzerland.

Andrea Hardman said...

Yay! We'll take you in Alabama. Come live by me. We can learn to BBQ and say "ya'll" together. And you can tell me how you're fixin' to write a post righ'now and I'll say, "Bless your heart, Heidi. You just go on now!" Wow, apparently I have this all planned out and everything. Please be charming and tell me you're coming to the Huntsville area.

Nicole Shelby Porter said...

Alabama can't be that bad, I mean aside from the stifling humidity, lack of snow and the fact that they don't have four seasons... But really it could be worse. Could be Utah... Oh, wait

Heidi said...

At least in Utah I would live closer to family and former students. I miss seeing you guys at random places like the grocery store (always when I haven't showered, have no make-up on and look a fright--it is always my luck!)

Melissa said...

I LOVE Alabama; they do sell chocolate there; and you WILL be just fine!