CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 13, 2009

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

Spe and I were discussing the Berlin Wall this morning. I explained how it was a wall that had been built to keep people from being free. He looked at me and said, "That's really bad." I agreed and told him that when I was a little girl (sort of) the Berlin Wall got taken down and people were allowed to be free again. He grinned really big and said, "And then you escaped to Texas!" Apparently I have all the markings of an East Berlin refugee.

I knew my three years of high school German would pay off some day.

4 comments:

Jane @ What About Mom? said...

Texas: Home of the free, land of the brave.

Amen.

Matt, Karin, Sienna, and Sadie said...

I love how kids put things together. It is really cute how their minds work.

Carol said...

You discuss the Berlin Wall with your 3 year old. My conversation revolve mostly around poo with mine.

Clearly you're a much better mother than me.

Andrea Hardman said...

Yea. We do poo too, and Leprechans, not the Berlin Wall. And wait!.....You're not German?