CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Sell Pile

We're doing a little bit of pre-Spring cleaning around here. Veevs was in cleaning her room, which is always an adventure, and I could hear her making piles.

"Keep. Keep. Keep. Keep. Keep. Keep. Keep. Sell. Keep. Keep. Keep. Keep."

After I was done with what I was doing, I went in to check on her.

"So, where's this sell pile I heard about?" I asked her.

She pointed proudly to a pile on her dresser.

I kid you not, this is what was in it: two cardboard wrappers to ballet tights, two blank shopping lists, and a little scrap of paper with a hole in it.

"I thought people might want that to look through like a peephole," she explains.

She started crying when I suggested that her "sell pile" could also be a "garbage pile".

"Mom," she sniffs sadly, "you always say my treasures are junk."

Yes, yes, I do.

12 comments:

Jillybean said...

We have a different level of packrattishness in our house. The kids will put the "treasures" in a garbage bag, (to make me happy) but then never throw the bag away. The bag will just sit in the corner of their room. I guess it's some sort of filing system or something.
I've solved the problem. I just don't go into their rooms anymore.
(what I can't see won't bother me. Right?)

amelia said...

Priceless. And hey, you never know when you'll need a good peephole.

Karen said...

Can I use the same method for my Hubby's junk......er... stuff?

Heather of the EO said...

I'll take the peep hole if she'll sell it for 10 cents.

steph and brent said...

I wish someone would've been this honest with my mother-in-law. I love her to death, but a lot of her "treasures" are junk.

Heidi said...

Peephole sold to Heather for 10 cents. And then I'm going to charge $5.99 for shipping. 'Cause I've learned a lot from ebay.

marisa said...

i love it!

Claire said...

Dammit - I see I've missed out on the peephole. There's a lot I want to be peeping at round here..

bill, katie, and co. said...

Veevs sounds like my kinda girl. Just keep everything in case you need it in the next 45 years or so...

Anonymous said...

You have heard of one person's junk is anothers treasure haven't you?

Charlie said...

Hey, come see the new addition to our family...

Kiera said...

That is funny!