CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 23, 2010

MI-5

I can't stop watching MI-5. It's phenomenal. Not just because of Richard Armitage, although I love him, too. The show is on my local public broadcasting station, and we're off season now, so we're watching reruns. But I'm dying to know: ROZ? ALIVE OR DEAD?

I love the action, the Britishness, the awesomeness of the plots. But the real reason I love it is because Lucas has/had this American girlfriend who worked for the CIA, and lawsie mercy, is her American accent awful. I love it. For some reason, it makes me postively gleeful.

It's payback for all the times Americans slaughter the British accent and pretend they're doing it just fine.

Whenever Americans find out I lived in England for a year and a half, they almost always give me their best British accent. And by best, I mean, holy crap, what accent are you even trying for?

If you have it in your area, you should be watching MI-5. And if you're one of my British friends who is going to see the next season a whole five months before I am, ANSWER ME! ROZ? ALIVE OR DEAD? I must know.

4 comments:

jennie w. said...

Mm-kay, I started watching this many moons ago when Matthew Macfadyen was on it (dreamy!). And now all the good people are dead. Which may or may not include Roz. That's all I'll say. Sorry.

Claire said...

I don't know this show. But... one time at EFY when I was a counsellor, I decided I'd put on my best fake american accent. You know - just to stop the kids from getting me to say lines from So I Married An Axe Murderer and calling me a freak.

They totally bought it. I told them I was from Logan, Utah. In the end I had to show them my passport to prove my real identity.

Either I was really good, or the kids were really stupid...

Melissa Bastow said...

I always watch Dr. Who and then practice my British accent. I'm sure I could totally fool you with it - I'm THAT good. (I say this because I'm pretty sure I'll never have to actually prove it to you.)

Andrea Hardman said...

You are delightful.