CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'd like to say I'm back, but . . .

A long time ago, when my dad was serving as the bishop in our home ward, a young man came back from his mission and came to our house to visit my dad. One of my wise, post-mission siblings (or maybe it was me?) advised him that he would want to give himself some time before he started dating. (Do you know how awkward just-returned LDS missionaries are around the opposite sex? Trust me. It's not pretty.)

The young man said, "Oh, I'm back!" with so much confidence we just had to laugh.

He had been home for less than 24 hours.

I'd like to be able to say that I'm back in terms of my blogging, but the honest truth is that life is busy around here. So I'm here. Now. That's all I can say about it.

Here's our latest baby, Logan. He is fat, fat, fat and hey, so am I, so it works great!


Not fat enough for you? Try this one, although there's a gormless look to him in this shot that I can't approve of. And red eyes. Because I'm too lazy to edit this picture. I'm here now, okay?


He has proved to be the most delightful baby--a great sleeper, a laid-back soul, a sweet-tempered fourth baby. I don't know why I get so lucky with sleeping babies, but I know better than to question it. The reason I know better is because when Veevs was sleeping twelve-hour stints at three weeks, Rhett made me call the pediatrician and ask what was wrong with her.

And then they laughed at me.

While I'm working pictures (unedited, of course), here are some of the other kids, too. This is mostly for Grandmas, but you can look if you want:

Christmas pajamas. Rhett and I also have a pair, but I'll spare you the glory of that spectacle.

This one I could just eat. I really could.

And now, I am no longer here. Maybe I will be back soon. Who knows?

16 comments:

Bisel Family said...

What a beautiful baby. Yum.

I envy your great baby sleeping genes. I can't complain now...mine sleeps like a champ, but it doesn't start that way. You must be a favorite of the one upstairs!

Jen said...

Congrats! I am deeply envious of your sleeping babies. I almost died of Grace. Luckily, I built up a tolerance with her and thus survived Henry.

jamieBEE said...

Welcome back (kinda)!
I love reading your blog!!! You are hilarious!
Good luck with your little guy :)

Jenny said...

Ah man. Those good-sleep genes sounds awesome. Enjoy your new little one. :)

amelia said...

Welcome back! And congrats!

JustRandi said...

Darling kids! And I'm so glad you're back!

Kelley said...

great to get the update on you. what a gorgeously plump babe you get to love on. many congratulations. when will i ever see you again? did you get the afg reunion info. e-mail? if not, let me know. i'll forward it on to you. miss and love you.

Cathy said...

Beautiful baby! Love the other pictures too!

Melissa Bastow said...

Fat babies are the best!! I wouldn't even know what to do with a skinny baby. And I've heard that the scrawny ones never sleep. (Ok, I didn't really hear that. I'm just guessing.)

Jill said...

Congrats on a healthy baby! Your kids are adorable! Take after you right?

julie said...

There's nothing cuter than a chubby baby, red eyes or not! I'm so happy for you that he's a good sleeper. Mine have been good sleepers too; if they hadn't been, I would have stopped at two!.

Claire said...

I want to see the picture of you and Rhett in your pajamas.

Can I start a poll of want to see this "spectacle"?

oh - and your babies are all gorgeous...

Adrienne said...

Congratulations!! I love rolly polly babies, and is he a red-head?!?! How cute!

marisa said...

congrats! He is so cute! Your third one looks just like you! Do you know Raleen and Rick Wahlin by any chance, I just realized that they live in your same town? She dated my uncle years and years ago...and we became friends.

katie and co. said...

I have not checked in on any blogs in ages. WHAT A CUTIE! I'm so happy for you Heids. Congratulations.

AMY said...

Oh Heid...he's cute. Cute and fat! I love it.Thanks for rubbing in the sleeping baby thing.