CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Minivan Music

When we get into the minivan, everyone has a request.

Veevs wants to listen to High School Musical (don't ask why we own this--long story).

If I turn on High School Musical, Spe will unfailingly say, "This is junk. Let's listen to some rock and roll!" And by rock and roll, he means The Doors. Particularly the song "Whiskey Bar". It is his dad's influence, I promise.

Veevs doesn't mind The Doors, either. She said to me the other day, after I confessed that no, I don't love The Doors, "I don't want to like The Doors, either, Mom, but their songs just get stuck in my head." Her current favorite is "Hello, I Love You".

But Jakers is my kid. When we get into the minivan, he says, "Mom, can we listen to some disco?" I think it's quite discerning for a two year old.

And then he sings along to "Shake, Shake, Shake (Shake Your Booty)", because if I've taught him one thing in this world, it's that if you've got it, you should shake it.

7 comments:

Jen said...

The sun is still in the sky, and shining above you.

carl b smith and marilyn said...

Shake, Shake Shake, my kind of music, but if the Doors are really their favorite, Why don't they like "Come on Baby Light My Fire" Love, Mom

Claire said...

I shake my booty, and it's still shaking after 5 minutes. Ripply, botty aftershocks. Nice.

Heidi said...

Claire, it's such a blessing that you get so much shake with so little effort. That's what I say about my own perpetual shake, anyway.

Heidi said...

Mom, Veevs told her teacher that "Come On Baby Light My Fire" was yours and Dad's love song. I'm still laughing thinking about what she must imagine you two are up to . . .

Jen said...

Love it! But I want to know which one is the Kenny Rogers fan?

monkie mama said...

LOL! *Gasp* How is Jake 2 already!?! Man time flies!!!