CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Am I Weird?

I don't want to implant negative thoughts in your head about me (hey, too late, Heids--should've thought about that about 240 posts ago), but lately I think I might be weird (lately? What's taken so long?). And also that I might overuse parenthetical expressions (this one's just for illustrative purposes).

A few things:

My favorite piece of punctuation is the semi-colon. All that sentence-connecting power in one little symbol gets me a little excited. Should any sane person even have a favorite piece of punctuation?

I went to my friend's house who just had surgery and had to sit down because I saw some bloody gauze. I got all light-headed and woozy. Obviously, I'm still regretting the fact that I chose teaching over nursing.

I can't seem to stop singing the soundtrack to Magic Tree House: The Musical--and I don't want to brag but I switch back and forth between the man's part and the woman's part with great skill. I mean, if staying on tune isn't really important, of course.

I have a lot more to say, but I'm getting a migraine, and I promised myself that I would post tonight. Must. Pound. Caffeine. Pills. Immediately.

But really, weird, right?

8 comments:

julie said...

"The semicolon is the tuxedo of punctuation." I don't think that's weird at all! But then again, we English Teachers kind of stick together, don't we? If you're weird, then I'm weird; if I'm weird, then you're weird . . . Do you feel better?

Sarah Anne said...

yes, but funny as hell.

Kiera said...

I think we all are a little weird in our own ways. I am constantly singing Backyardigans, while harmonizing with the little cartoon characters. Seriously though, the songs are very catchy!!

Shawn said...

Sorry, but not weird.


I win that one, hands down...

Did you get in on my giveaway? Hope so, hope so---or that would be weird.

Adrienne said...

You are totally not weird, however I do think it's weird that there is a Magic Tree House musical. Now that is weird!!

JustRandi said...

Totally weird. But that's why I like you.
I get woozy at bloodiness, too. It's a new development for me and I hate it. I tell myself to take a deep breath and get over it already.
Then I wake up on the floor.

The Rookie said...

You and I must be soul mates. I too adore a semi-colon (though, the dash/double hyphen has stolen my heart, I must admit). I love parenthetical inserts (I attribute it to having too much to say and if it the statement is in parentheses it seems like it doesn't actually count as saying too much but then I got to say it anyway). And anything blood/medically related can send me into an oxygen-deprived-everything-is-going-black kind of panic.

I don't know anything about Magic Tree House: The Musical, however. Our soul mate status ended there.

Poetikat said...

Heidi, You want really weird? Come and check out my cleaning quirks post.

Kat