CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Two Bits

Veevs has just decided to set up a lemonade stand. The street on which we live has not-so-much traffic, and I was tempted to tell her that, but then I remembered the many hours I spent peddling lemonade to uninterested passers-by, and thought, Oh, what the hell. Go to it, girl.

I'm always amazed at how much I want her to not experience disappointment. I am constantly having to argue myself out of thwarting all her desires just to save her the sting of failure. Silly.

She has recruited her brothers: Spe gets to hold the sign, Jakers gets to hold the cups (manly, really). In just a minute, I will have to go out and fake a devastating thirst and buy three cups so that they can each pocket a quarter. Although knowing Veevs, those boys have been less employed and more conscripted.

Another one of her projects that I was tempted to quash was her desire to write a book based on the Warriors series about feral cats living in the forest with strange clan names and apprentices and all sorts of wacky stuff. I wanted to tell her it has all been done, to find her own story and write that, but then again, I convinced myself to file it in the What the hell, girl, go to it place in my mind. Why do I care, really, when it means forty minutes more of quiet?

The thirst. It is unbearable. Off to quench.

PS--I went out to find that they were selling lemonade for a dollar a glass. It seemed like highway robbery to me, so I gave them all a short lecture on market forces. They ignored me, and I returned twenty minutes later to find that they had sold seven glasses. Market forces, my foot.

3 comments:

Melissa Bastow said...

I tried to sell painted rocks on the roadside once. No one would buy them. Not even my mom. It was so sad.

Jen said...

Man, I need to start a lemonade stand at those prices.

Kelli said...

I read this and had a good laugh! Thanks for sharing:) When's this baby due?