We're doing a little bit of pre-Spring cleaning around here. Veevs was in cleaning her room, which is always an adventure, and I could hear her making piles.
"Keep. Keep. Keep. Keep. Keep. Keep. Keep. Sell. Keep. Keep. Keep. Keep."
After I was done with what I was doing, I went in to check on her.
"So, where's this sell pile I heard about?" I asked her.
She pointed proudly to a pile on her dresser.
I kid you not, this is what was in it: two cardboard wrappers to ballet tights, two blank shopping lists, and a little scrap of paper with a hole in it.
"I thought people might want that to look through like a peephole," she explains.
She started crying when I suggested that her "sell pile" could also be a "garbage pile".
"Mom," she sniffs sadly, "you always say my treasures are junk."
Yes, yes, I do.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
The Sell Pile
Posted by
Heidi
at
7:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
We have a different level of packrattishness in our house. The kids will put the "treasures" in a garbage bag, (to make me happy) but then never throw the bag away. The bag will just sit in the corner of their room. I guess it's some sort of filing system or something.
I've solved the problem. I just don't go into their rooms anymore.
(what I can't see won't bother me. Right?)
Priceless. And hey, you never know when you'll need a good peephole.
Can I use the same method for my Hubby's junk......er... stuff?
I'll take the peep hole if she'll sell it for 10 cents.
I wish someone would've been this honest with my mother-in-law. I love her to death, but a lot of her "treasures" are junk.
Peephole sold to Heather for 10 cents. And then I'm going to charge $5.99 for shipping. 'Cause I've learned a lot from ebay.
i love it!
Dammit - I see I've missed out on the peephole. There's a lot I want to be peeping at round here..
Veevs sounds like my kinda girl. Just keep everything in case you need it in the next 45 years or so...
You have heard of one person's junk is anothers treasure haven't you?
That is funny!
Post a Comment