CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Can We Agree?

So--let's agree from now on, when I go on vacation, everyone stops writing in their blog.

Because I just barely, finally, eventually finished reading through the 400 blog reader entries that were waiting for me when I got home.

And granted, I still have two bags that are not yet fully unpacked, but give me another week, okay? Rhett always unpacks the very night we get home from anywhere, even if it's 2:00 in the morning, but I always take my time. Ease out of living out of a suitcase, as it were.

But seriously, why did your lives continue on without me? Why is your life not linked inextricably to mine? Why do I feel like the world revolves around me only to discover that no one else but me thinks so?

Don't bother apologizing. Rhett made the same mistake (assuming that the world can go on without me) when we first got married, but he gets it now, and I'm sure you'll come along as well.

And now, some gratuitous pictures of my kids for those who care (Grandma Sue, HI!):


Rhett took Spe and Veevs to a Dallas Rangers baseball game. Spe's now claimed the team for his own, which means he'll probably spend the rest of his life disappointed. Whatever.


She's faking. She's not really smelling the flower.

Sorry, it's Blogger that hates Wristy, not me. It refuses to upload his picture.

12 comments:

heather of the EO said...

Life did go on without you. But only SORT OF. Because every once and awhile I would think, "I miss Hadleyesque"
Isn't that nice?
400 posts!?
I think I would have thrown in the towel--good job (:

Yvonne said...

I do the same thing when I come home--takes me awhile to get things back in order.

Wow, you must read a TON of blogs.

Now, it's impossible that the world revolves around you because it revolves around ME ; )

Julia said...

Glad your back!
My husband unpacks the minute we get home also. And I'm thinking, there's more important things to do, like check emails and sleep.
Men have no priorities.

Beck said...

Ah. I often think that if I stopped blogging, the whole blogosphere would vanish. Because I am, in my head, the center of the whole freaking world.
So I relate. Oh yes, I do.

Cathy said...

I love it! We are all still so similar "knowing" the world revolves around us! You write such cute and meaningful blogs!

Claire said...

"She's faking. She's not really smelling the flower."

Soo funny. A gorgeous picture of your beautiful daughter, and you snatch the moment with a cutting remark. I thought I was the only one that was like that? Or maybe I've misunderstood your sentiment?... hahaha

You live out that suitcase, sista. You did it for 18 whole arduous months, when, quite frankly life went on without you then... Life went merrily on by as you traipsed around in your mary janes, pounding the streets of middle england You've earned the right not to unpack straight away.

a Tonggu Momma said...

My life DID pretty much stop... at least this last week.

Hello, my name is Tonggu Momma and I am an Olympics FREAK! I've been watching the Olympics at all hours of the day (and night!)

Does anyone have some downers? Oh, wait... would that be uppers that I need? Obviously I'm totally knowledgeable about all things pharmaceutically illegal.

Karin said...

I love that she is "faking" smelling a flower. That is something Sienna would do- but only to spite me. You want me to smell it, I'll show you.

I love her shirt and eyes in the picture. :) Beautiful girl.

Carol said...

You are more dedicated than me. After our computer issues my reader told me I had 99 posts to read. I read the first 5 and then deleted all apart from my fave people.

Which obviously includes you.

ajhcreative said...

Are you kidding, did you check my blog? My life didn't go on, well not really. I spent most of that month laying around and trying not to throw up. So at least my blog was an easy catch-up! :) glad you are back we missed you in primary!!! Glad you had fun and love the kid pics, so cute

myimaginaryblog said...

You are very funny. I really like your blog. (I'm sure you already know you're funny, but I'll bet you still like hearing it.)

The real reason I'm commenting is to tell you that although my daughter is 8 and her short brown hair is a little bit more wavy than your daughters, otherwise they look quite a bit alike AND my daughter HAS THAT SAME SHIRT! Small world, huh? It's almost as though we both shopped at Target or something. (Sorry, no photo to link to. Hang on let me see --

Maybe this one.

Maybe it's just the shot, but I thought I saw a resemblance.

myimaginaryblog said...

Oh wait, I think that shirt actually comes from Old Navy, not Target. Right? (I'm SO embarrassed.)